The advisory teacher implements the CAS programme with their advisory group. They are the first-line of support for most students in their CAS programme and their role is to:• Help students identify personal goals
• Monitor range & balance of activities undertaken by individual students
• Check in with students regarding progress regularly
• Develop students’ powers of reflection through group & individual consultation
• Read/respond to reflections on ManageBac
• Help students make connections (help generalise their understanding - links to subjects/local/global activities)
• Assist in the introduction of CAS to Year 12
• Conduct interviews
• Report on CAS progress
• Liaise with CAS Counsellor and CAS Coordinator
CAS Advisors meet with the CAS Coordinator at regular team meetings and are supported by their house CAS Counsellor. CAS Advisors and Counsellors should agree their own meeting times and keep in communication with one another to best support students. In general, Advisors will support, monitor and interview all students in their group and bring Counsellors in to work with students who require more intensive support which may involve meetings outside of advisory time.
RESOURCES FOR ADVISORS
Resources and materials for CAS Advisors and Counsellors are available to these staff members through our shared google drive folder CAS for Advisors.