ROLES OF OTHER STAFF
ROLE OF THE SUPERVISOR
Each CAS experience needs an adult supervisor. This does not necessarily have to be a member of staff, but CANNOT be a family member* or student.
*Family members cannot be “verifying” activity supervisors, but can supervise safety.For more information on the role of the supervisor, see the Supervisors page.
ROLE OF THE CAS COUNSELLOR
There are four CAS Counsellors, allocated to support students and advisors in each of the four houses. Their role is to:• Give guidance on CAS progress
• Provide ManageBAC training and monitoring
• Work with CAS Advisors on reviewing individual CAS plans
• Support advisors in their role as CAS Advisors
• Assist in conducting interviews
• Monitor SOC with CAS Coordinator
• Assist with monitoring and approving CAS projects
• Assist the CAS Coordinator with the delivery of the CAS Program
The CAS Counsellors supporting students in each house are:
Find out more about your CAS Counsellors here: 2020-21 Meet the CAS Team
ROLE OF THE CAS COORDINATOR
The CAS coordinator is the nominated member of staff who facilitates understanding of CAS and oversees the effective implementation of CAS experiences, working directly with students, staff, CAS advisors, CAS counsellors and CAS supervisors. The CAS coordinator is responsible for reporting the progress of CAS students to the Diploma Programme coordinator. CAS coordinators are ultimately responsible for determining whether students have met the CAS learning outcomes at the end of the Diploma Programme, and for reporting as required by the Handbook of procedures for the Diploma Programme.